Friday, March 30, 2007

I’ll tell you what I want to be. I want to be a judge.

What do I want to be when I get out of school? I’ll tell you what I want to be. I want to be a judge. Why. One reason I want to be a judge is because they get good pay. Judges make at least $80,000 a year. Now to me that’s good money. I could live with that.
A second reason I want to be a judge is because so many people are being blamed for crimes they didn’t commit. I think that isn’t right. We shouldn’t be putting innocent people behind bars. The real criminal is still out there. And he is going to keep committing crimes. That has to stop.
The third reason is kind of like the last reason, but not quite. There are so many criminals out there, and I want to have them put in jail. When I become a judge, I will make sure that they are put behind bars and give them what they deserve. And when they beg for clemency, I will tell them, “If you can’t do the time, don’t do the crime.”
My last reason is ever since I was little I admired them. I always wanted to wear the long black robe and sit on the high bench. It has been my dream for ever. And I will do what ever it takes to become a judge.
Well, those are my reasons why I want to be a judge. Good pay, keep innocent people out of jail, put real criminals in jail, and it has been my dream forever. I hope my reasons are good enough for you. And I promise you I will be a judge some day.

By J. W., a middle school student

No comments: