Tuesday, March 27, 2007

How I get respect from my family and friends?

How I get respect from my family and friends? I get respect by being honest to my mother and my grandma. When I talk to my mom, she will say use inside voices. It does not bother me much, but I wish I could talk louder inside. So when my mother tells me to use inside voices, I say, “Yes, mom.” That is one way how I learn respect. When I get home from school, I take out the dog every 30 minutes. I don’t have a problem with doing any of it. Honesty, on the weekends I will stay the night at a friend’s house. His name I Josh and he is a 15 years old the same age me. Sometimes when it is late at night Josh and I will go to parties, and we will stay at the party for over 30 minutes and we have so much fun. After the weekend is over, my mother will ask me many questions about my weekend. Well, when I went home, my mother was waiting for me to walk into the front door. As soon as I walked into the front door, my mom was waiting right in front of the door. She said, “Let’s sit down and talk about your weekend.” Well she said, “Where did you go?” I said I went to a party, and we had so much fun. We ate lots of food, and we did lots of other things also. My mother asks if I did any drugs, and I said no I don’t do drugs. She said are you being honest. I said yes mom I am why. She said thank you for being honest to me. So that is how I get my respect, and that is how you get respect. My grandma is one of the best lady’s in the world. I have to give her all the respect I have in my body. Why she is 67, and she is getting older by the day. When I ask my grandmother for something like money, she will give it to me, but I only ask for money one time a week. She just said don’t ask for money every week. See I leaned how to respect others, and I know what I need to do in life.

By K. M., a middle school student

No comments: