Friday, February 16, 2007

That Special Someone For me Would Be My Mother

Everyone has a special someone out there. It might be a family member, a friend, a lover, and even a stranger. Special may have a different meaning for everyone. It can be someone you might admire or even care for. That special someone for me would be my mother.

I would have to say that my mother is my special someone for many reasons. A couple of my reasons for which she is would be because she is very strong, caring, and did something with her life. My mother has passed through a lot over the years, but she remains strong. She tries to make me strong, too. Sometimes she will not be so strong, but she will still hardly show it. No matter what the situation she tries to remain strong. Sometimes she makes you think she is a Super Mom, a hero!

Secondly, my mother is very caring to everyone. My mother is a strong person but that does not stop her from being caring. If someone is ever in need, my mom would do anything to help them. She is just the type of person that if someone is sick, she will stay taking care of them. When it comes to her children, she goes to extremes. The thing about that is that she will care for you but still remain strong, meaning she will not spoil you to death.

Thirdly, my special someone did something with her life. My mother graduated high school, has worked since she was sixteen years old, got her diploma in both Cuba and the United States. She built a family, has her own business, and takes care of her parents. To some that might not seem a lot, but to me it is. Times have never been easy for anyone, not for you, me, or for her. I personally admire all her hard work. She has taught me that if I put my mind into it, I will accomplish it. You have to work for what you want because it will not just come to you. Sometimes she is hard on me, but I understand why she does it.

In a nut shell, I have picked my mother as my special someone for many reasons. Not only did my mother give me the beauty of my life but also because of who she is. My mother has taught me to be strong, caring, to make goals for myself, follow my goals, but most important, she taught me that the road will not be easy. For me the road will not be easy, but it is my decision to make it harder than what it has to be. The road and the world are full of challenges, rocks, and a lot of falls, but that will just make me a stronger person. That my mother has taught me and how I said before for this and many other reasons, she is my special someone.

By A. C., a high school student

No comments: