Sunday, February 25, 2007

Imagine Seeing Your Father After Two and Half Years

Imagine seeing your father after two and a half years as he walks through the door surprisingly on Christmas Eve with presents in his hand and with a smile that makes you want to cry. Wouldn’t you consider that the best day of your life? I would because by far that has been. My dad left when I was three, and he came back when I was five. He came back on Christmas and he spent it with us and especially with me and gave me all his attention and from then, my father never left my side again.

This was the best day of my life, because when he walked through that door, smiling and laughing and waiting for me to hug him, I froze. I didn’t know what to do. I mean yes, he was my father but I didn’t know to be mad because he left me but then that would ruin the whole day. Before I had time to decide or think about it, I was already in his arms and crying and laughing and so glad to see him that I forgot all the bad things. There was so much joy in me I thought it would never go away.

Another reason why it was the best day of my life was because he brought presents, and my mother started talking to him again. I heard the conversation,and I didn’t understand why she wouldn’t take him back. But of course I was five, and I didn’t understand, but she took him back later on anyways. I was so happy when we all sat down on the table with him and ate and he was hugging me, telling me he loved me and I was his favorite child. Of course he had no other to pick from, I’m an only child!

Also things were the best day ever because we spent it together and with the family and laughing, and it all came at me so fast and I didn’t expect any of it. It made me so happy. And he got along with my family with my mom, and seeing them together, I thought they would never grow apart. My father had a smile that I thought was tattooed on his face, because every time I looked I saw it there, even when we all went to sleep.

So to sum it all up, this was the best day ever because my father came back with presents, got back with my mother, and he spent all so happily that it made me happy to see everyone else happy. As far as I know I think that tattoo was on my face too!

By I. S., a middle school student

No comments: