Friday, January 26, 2007

Regrets and Reform

Is it really so hard to believe that someone is capable of changing? Apparently it is for my Mom and step father. I know I’ve made mistakes throughout my life, but so has everyone else. My mistakes may have been worse than others, and I realize that. I also realize that they are no where near as bad as some of the things I could be doing.
I know trust is a terrible thing to lose, especially for a stupid thing like “pot.” I would give anything to back track and change the fact that I ever even tried it. Still, I haven’t killed anyone or hurt anyone. I believe the punishment should fit the crime. Every time I do something stupid, I get caught. This tells me I’m not meant for this kind of life.
I’m almost glad that I got caught. If that’s what it took to shock me into reality, then so be it. I finally realized that I needed to stop what I was doing. I understand somewhat more clearly why my parents are taking such drastic steps. They just want to help me. I now realize that by punishing me, they only want the best for me.
I know they don’t want this life for me anymore than I do. I know I can change, and, in a way, I already have. I know it’s going to take time for me to earn back the trust and respect of my parents. That takes time that I am more than willing to spend.
I know I’ve done wrong. I am willing to pay for it which I have and still am. I know that because of all this I will do better. I will try harder to fix my life and never let it get this bad again. I do love my family and the thing I regret the most is hurting them.
By a high school student.

No comments: