Wednesday, January 24, 2007

My Goal

I want to play football because it is fun. Playing football gives me an adrenaline rush. I play because I like to run and tackle people. I like it because when I have the ball I can run away from people. Sometimes when I get tackled it does not feel good but I can always get the person back. Playing football is also dangerous.

For me to play football I have to do all of my school work. If I don’t do it I won’t be able to play. I have to stay out of trouble, get no referrals or be sent to the office. To play I have to get good grades. In order to get better at football, I have to practice, stay sharp, and stay focused so I know when to do my part. I need to learn how to play to do anything. I need to know what to do at the right time. I need to get to practice on time and be serious. I can’t fool around because that could cost the team the game. I have to listen to everything the coach says. I need to know where my place is so I can do my part. I need to know what time to run, stop, tackle, and go back to my position. I have to know when to stop because if I don’t that could cost us a game.
D.P., a middle school student

No comments: