Thursday, May 3, 2007

There are many things that we can make an improvement in our schools, and there are many ways that you and I can help

There are many things that we can make an improvement in our schools, and there are many ways that you and I can help make this happen and make it possible. Here are some of my ideas to help.

For starters I would like to say that kids have stopped eating there breakfast at home, so in addition to this situation I think that it would be a great idea to have snack machines in all of the middle schools and high schools in the Collier County District. They not only can have breakfast foods in the snack machines, they can have other snacks in them so that way the kids can have a little snack sometime before or after lunch if they get hungry. This will hold them off until they get home.

Another idea that I have is I think kids should not have to wear uniforms. The reason why I think that is because the way people dress is a huge part of there personality. The way a person dresses also shows how he/she is feeling that day. If a person is feeling sad, they will wear something that is dark or they will just leave there pajamas on. If a person is feeling happy and out going, they will wear something that is bright or colorful. The way someone dresses is so important. If every student is wearing the same thing everyday, they can’t express how they are felling that day without words.

Last, but not least, I think that school should start later in the morning. The reason why I think that school should start later in the morning is because if kids are getting up at 5:30am this will effect how well they participate in class and also how well they listen in class. If a kid is very tired, they will not be able to concentrate very well. I think school should start at 10:00am and end at 4:00pm.

Those are some of my ideas that I have to help improve our schools. These ideas, I think, will make our schools better places. I think that you should most definitely take these ideas into consideration.

By M. B., a middle school student

No comments: