Wednesday, May 9, 2007

In every child is a spark of imagination but in my cousins Bobbie, Mikey and my sister and I are told by our mothers every day we are imaginative.

In every child is a spark of imagination but in my cousins Bobbie, Mikey and my sister and I are told by our mothers every day we are imaginative. My sister, Bobbie, Mikey and I are all first cousins; our mothers are sisters. This story is just about one of the times we used our creativity.
One day we were all outside playing at the park when we saw a pile of wood just lying on the ground. I looked around and saw kids every where with their parents. So I told my cousins and sister that we should get things to sell. My sister suggested we sell things that we buy from the store. Mikey suggested that we use the wood to build a little stand. Then Bobbie suggested we paint it with all of our favorite colors. Maria (my sister) thought about asking our mothers for 10 dollars (each mother). So we began to build our master piece. It took us the rest of the day to build the stand. We were ready the next day. It was very gorgeous. It was mixed with pink and blue and red letters that read “Lebron and Reyes Family Store.”
The next morning we went to the store with twenty dollars and bought chips, candy, other junk, and lemons. We made homemade lemonade and brought the goods down stairs to sell. We had started around 1:30 pm and ended at 4:50. By then all the goods and lemonade had been gone because you see we made a smart decision on where we should put the store. We finally decided on putting the store on the side walk that ran through the park. It worked we made $120.97 off of everything we sold at our store.
At six we went to the mall, and we took these pictures of ourselves and had them put in these pure glass crystals. They were $50.00 a piece. We got two one for my aunt and one for my mom. Our moms were so proud of us, and best of all, they got something from their little entrepreneurs.
So to conclude my story I would like to say that anybody can do what we did. It is a lot of fun and you learn things from your experience. You really don’t need to have money; you could sell your old toys that you don’t play with anymore.

By M. R., a middle school student

No comments: