Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Once there was a competition in Miami that my home girls and I heard about, so we decide to participate because we wanted to get the 2000 dollars.

Once there was a competition in Miami that my home girls and I heard about, so we decide to participate because we wanted to get the 2000 dollars. So we decide we were going to do it, and we started to prepare. We called, and we told them that we wanted to be in it. We send a tape there of all of us dancing, and they accepted us.

We started to practice and practice day and night with out stopping. We would get home from school, change our clothes and go and rehearse until night. It was so tide because we shared ideas and steps and we had to cooperate with each other in a team work. We learned how to work in a team and how to tell straight someone what we didn’t like and what we did.

While we were doing it, many things got against us like the money, the ride to Miami even my mom didn’t want me to go and dance over there, but we handled it like a team and like really good homies that we are because we really wanted to dance and get the money.

I enjoyed it so bad because I was with my home girls doing one of the things I like the most that is dancing. Even though the practices were hard and I was tired many times that I almost couldn’t do it, it was so good and fun for me anyways no matter what because when you’re doing something that is hard no matter what, you like it, because you’re doing what you want to do, what you love to do.

I’ll never going to forget about it. First, we learned how to do team work. We learned how to convince people and how to fight for what we want against anything and anyone. The third and most important reason is that I did one of the things I like the most with the homies I like the most. That’s why liking what you do is so important.

By Y. G., a middle school student

No comments: