Monday, April 16, 2007

Okay, when I was in the 5th grade, I skipped school.

Okay, when I was in the 5th grade, I skipped school. I didn’t expect for this to happen, but it did. I was going to go pick up my friend for school, l and she went to go pick up another friend. We were on my home girl’s bed, and we were waiting to leave when one of us came out with a topic why don’t we skip school. I said, well, I don’t know should we? I was waiting for an answer, but I decide it was going to be cool so I said yea why don’t we? We did.

We ended up skipping. So we went to Burger King, to K-Mart, and then we went on a shopping spree. We bought a whole bunch of stuff like earrings and other stuff back to my friend’s house, and we watched movies all day it was about 10:00 or 10:30 I don’t remember. We ate chips and played video games and we had a whole bunch of fun. Then we went into her pool and were swimming then it was about 11:00 and we watched a movie and then it was 12:00. I took a shower, and when we all were done, it was 1:30. Then we listened to music and dancing.

But then we heard knocking on the door. Every one got scared, and we panicked and turned off the TV and ran to the back yard. It was our principal. We didn’t do anything. We hid, and they searched the house. We had left. We jumped the fence and ran as fast as we could. Then I got a phone call it said (house calling). I was so scared, and I was wondering what was going to happen to me when I got home. I felt bad because I knew I was going to be in huge trouble.

Then my principal was driving around, and she had seen us yelled at us. We got in her jeep, and my friend started crying. When we got to school, I saw our parents. I was so ashamed I wished I could have not made that choice I wished I wasn’t there. Then the deputy called me in and said I have half a mind of even not letting you graduate. I was so sad. I wanted to graduate. I spent a whole time studying for D.A.R.E. I felt bad.

Finally, when I walked in class, I saw everyone was looking at me. My teacher was so mad and he looked at me very angrily I was so sad I felt like crying. I started feeling bad. I tried my best to be good, but, finally, at the end of the year I was so happy I graduated, and I made it through the rest of the year without getting into trouble. I didn’t look for trouble. I knew already I shouldn’t be at the wrong place at the wrong time and I knew how to make better choices.

By I. T., a middle school student

No comments: