Friday, April 20, 2007
SUSPENDED MIDDLE SCHOOL STUDENT
SUGGESTIONS FOR EARTH DAY
1. I think we should use a new gas system by making fuel out of vegetable or corn oil.
2. Cancel NASCAR racing due to fuel gases that pollute the air.
3. Make recycling a saw.
4. Drive electric cars.
5. Use less shower water.
6. Do more work in your community.
7. Try different ways of transportation.
By J.D., a middle school student
1. Use wind and solar power.
3. Use less water, electricity, and gas.
4. Don’t use many plastic bags.
5. Ride bicycles instead of driving cars.
6. Pick up trash and don’t litter.
7. Take Navy showers.
8. Don’t drive cars or motorcycles for fun.
9. Turn off lights when you leave a room.
10. Take your own bags when grocery shopping.
11. Walk instead of riding the bus to school.
12. Watch less television.
13. Use paper bags instead of plastic bags.
14. Turn off the ceiling fan when you’re not in a room.
15. Take the CAT bus.
16. Minimize acceleration when driving.
17. Stay off the computer if you don’t need to use it.
18. Ration water according to the number of people in a family.
19. Each flush uses 7 gallons of water; minimize flushes.
20. Turn off the a/c and open the windows of the house.
21. Don’t use aerosol containers.
22. Don’t speed when driving.
23. Turn off the water while brushing your teeth.
24. Use electric lawn mowers.
By J.V., D.V., S.S., N.M., J.C., A.S., M.C., N.C., D.T., J.C., J.R., J.N., M.M., G.N., V.M., S.D., E.M., middle school students